2016 Honda Civic vs 2016 Toyota Corolla near Bowie, MD
The Compact Car Comparison You've Been Looking for
If you’re looking for a compact sedan that boasts a powerful performance, roomy interior, and the features you want most in a car, your search is over. The all-new Honda Civic has all of these features, and more. To see how it stands up against one of its top competitors, we at Pohanka Honda pitted together the 2016 Honda Civic vs 2016 Toyota Corolla near Bowie, MD, to see how the Civic comes out on top.
When it comes to interior space, the Civic takes the cake. Although they have a slightly similar passenger volume, the Civic bearing 97.8 cubic ft. and the Corolla 97.5 cubic ft., their main difference is what lies in back. And for a compact car, the Civic offers an astounding amount of cargo room to take advantage of. With 15.1 cubic ft. of cargo space1 in the Civic, bringing home everything after a shopping day at Bowie Town Center is easier than ever. The Corolla doesn’t offer quite as much, though, coming in at just 15 cubic ft. of space2 in the rear.
In terms of exterior features, the 2016 Corolla continues to fall short in this comparison of the 2016 Honda Civic vs 2016 Toyota Corolla near Bowie, MD. While the Corolla offers heated side mirrors to keep clear of fog and ice, it only offers them on the top trim. Whereas, in the 2016 Civic, they’re offered on four out of the five available trims. Coming standard on the Civic is the Multi-Angle Rearview Camera3, which allows for precise and optimal reversing. The backup camera4 on the Corolla is only standard on the top three trims.
Although compact, these vehicles sure do harbor a ton of power under their hoods. The Corolla easily delivers 140 horsepower and 126 lb.-ft. of torque with its 1.8L 4-cylinder engine, but the Civic takes it up a notch with its 158 horsepower and 138 lb.-ft. of torque from the in-line 4-cylinder powertrain. For long commutes or frequent errand runs throughout the week, the Civic provides a rewarding 31/42/35 MPG city/hwy/combined5, while the Corolla struggles to keep up with given its 29/38/32 MPG city/hwy/combined6.
This 2016 Honda Civic vs 2016 Toyota Corolla near Bowie, MD, comparison not only lets it be known how the Civic excels in several areas, it also highlights just a handful of features this compact sedan has to offer. To experience it even further, stop by Pohanka Honda to get a first-hand look. We are conveniently located at 1772 Ritchie Station Court in Capitol Heights, MD.
1. Carrying too much cargo or improperly storing it can affect the handling, stability and operation of this vehicle. Follow applicable load limits and loading guidelines.
2. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
3. Always visually confirm that it is safe to drive before backing up; the rearview camera display does not provide complete information about all conditions and objects at the rear of your vehicle.
4. The backup camera does not provide a comprehensive view of the rear area of the vehicle. You should also look around outside your vehicle and use your mirrors to confirm rearward clearance. Cold weather will limit effectiveness and view may become cloudy.
5. 27 city/40 highway/31 combined mpg rating for 6MT model. 31 city/41 highway/35 combined mpg rating for LX & EX CVT models. 31 city/42 highway/35 combined mpg rating for EX-T, EX-L and Touring CVT models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
6. 2016 EPA-estimated city/highway mileage. Actual results may vary.